Monday, October 12, 2009

Life is Good

It has been a while so I though I should touch base. So much has happened over the last couple of weeks! The BEST and most exciting news is that Kell IS BACK! I know, I know. Not for long (her due date is November 14th) but I will take what I can get! As you know, she was running The Pickle Station with our brother, Jeff. She returned last week and I was SO happy to have her back. She looks amazing. You will have to come in and check out the glow....

Time to Feather Her Nest - Peacock Theme Shower

On September 27th, we had Kell's baby shower at the store. I worked with our sister-in-law, Taera and Kell's best friend, Petra to host a very chic baby shower. Here is a picture of the hostesses and the mommy-to-be. Goodies and sweet treats replaced our ribbon jars, at least for one fine day. Notice the chocolate fountain? White chocolate from Eve Chocolatier was divine.....mmmmmmmmmmm...............................
As I mentioned, the party was at the store....yes, "the pickle". Who knew it could transform into the hottest party spot in town. The paper lanterns in the squash, robin's egg and latte were even cooler than I could have ever imagined. A bunch of the lanterns are still up...honestly, what a cool way to decorate your next event. I tried to buy local or at least Canadian but I could not find these lanterns anywhere. I was forced to order from a company in California.
The invites were imprintables from Urban Bark. They were so quick and easy...all you do is set up your information and run it through your ink jet or laser printer. The hardest part was deciding on which font to choose! I am such a font freak. You can see a picture of it in the window (here)or stop by the store to see it in person. I did embellish them with three little clear pearls from Hero Arts just to jazz it up a bit.


I made little booties for everyone that attended with our decorative papers and filled them with gourmet jelly beans. They were a huge hit! I first found this template when I attended a retailers event and just KNEW I had to use this for Kell's shower.

Keith Urban - The Concert of ALL Concerts
So on October 1st, I attended my very first Keith Urban concert with my partner in crime, Kell (I swear it was all her idea!). We has 5th row tickets but managed to move up to front row. Remember that pickle onesie that Kell posted a picture of to announce her new arrival? Well, we decided to pin it to a bright pink piece of bristol board with the words "Your youngest Fan. Rockin' in Mama's tummy for 8 months. Can Lil' Pickle have your autograph?" And yup, that's right....we got KEITH'S autograph as well at 3 of the 5 band mates. I don't think Lil' Pickle will EVER touch that onesie now!
I know a few of you were there and have some of your own amazing stories (Sheri *wink*). All I have to say, is that if you ever get the opportunity to see him.....YOU HAVE TO (even if you aren't a country fan). Worth every penny. I think all of this was a part of Kell's ultimate plan...convert me to a country fan so we can listen to CFCO at the store!
Lots of New Product....Yes, it is STILL Arriving!
For those of you who have not been in the store for a while, you may not recognize it. The paper nook is now sporting the latest and greatest that our companies have to offer. Looking for Christmas paper? Well you better get it soon because I think half of the city of Chatham is working on their Christmas cards already!
New arrivals include:
  • Crate Paper (Cottage, North Pole and Bliss)
  • My Mind's Eye (Abbey Road, Colourful Christmas, etc.)
  • GCD (too many to list....♥ this company!)
  • Art Glitter - Our glitter is FINALLY restocked and waiting to settle on the tip of your nose when you are least expecting it to.... (=
  • Penny Black - her Christmas line is the best I have see in years.
  • Many of our tried and true stamps are back in stock from companies like Verses, Hero Arts and many more.

Items arriving THIS week (Don't worry...I will post when they arrive):

  • Basic Grey's new Nook and Pantry (yey!)
  • EK Success' boarder punches
  • Unity Stamp Company!
  • And more...

Class Update

We are in the process of finalizing our line up of projects. We will be posting the schedule Wednesday morning (October 14th). Sorry for the delay ladies!

1 comment:

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Wow....a huge success with the Baby Shower and totally love those cute little booties.....great idea. Sounds like you guys had a blast at the concert.....All I can say is "if one doesn't think of it the other one does" I will have to check out the Christmas papers this week. I want to start working on my cards when I get back from Vegas.