Friday, November 27, 2009
Allow me to introduce....
William Douglas Deline
Born on Thursday, November 26th
Weighing in at 8 pounds 8 ounces
and 20.5 inches!
I finally got to meet this little guy this afternoon (and I didn't want to post without a picture!). He is SO adorable and has that amazing new baby smell. Kell looks great and is such a proud mamma!! Her husband, Matt is just beaming too. It was SO nice to see the little family together after such a long wait. I know Kell is SO excited for you all to meet him!
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Hi everyone! One quick post before you will be seeing picture of Kell's sweet babe! That's right...today is the day (I think). I am saying I think because they planned to break her water this morning at 8am but there were no birthing rooms available so she is on hold until this afternoon! (FYI...Kell is standing beside me at this exact moment and she said they are calling her at 3PM to tell her more!) Honestly, that baby is TOO comfortable in there for sure!
So I have been wanting to post something about shopping locally for some time now and now I have the perfect reason to. Have a look at the poster for all the details. Basically, tomorrow night there will be handmade show at Eve Chocolatier from 7-10pm. Now these Chatham-Kent Etsy girls are amazing and we all know that Pauline's chocolate is the best so don't miss this great chance to shop locally AND handmade (and I know we all appreciate handmade products!)
So I don't want to abuse this blog and preach about shopping locally but I think some of you may be unaware of some of the cute, hip and just plain amazing stores we have in this town. Many of the stores carry items that are featured in magazines as their top picks too! Here are some of my favourites (this list is not inclusive but those that I am thinking about at this very moment):
- Ella Minnow Pea (King Street)- OK...if you are looking for GREAT toys, this is THE store for you. She carries toys made of recycled products, wooden toys, vintage toys and even some adorable clothing.
- Barrypatch Collectables (King Street)- If you have a pottery lover on your Christmas list, Barb has probably the best collection of local potters. There are also great dips to go along with your pottery pieces.
- Eve Chocolatier (King Street) - As mentioned, Pauline specializes in handmade chocolate truffles and other unique designs including white chocolate dipped marshmallow snowmen!
- Sonya Roe Jewellers (King Street) - I just drool every time I walk by Sonya's window....she always has the best windows. She carries a range of jewellery from $20 sterling silver earrings up to diamond rings worth $1000. Hopefully you have been good this year and you can get something from her!
- Boys N Herd (King Street)- Let Eddie help find the perfect gift for that special guy in your life. Maybe you will even be lucky enough to get a little advice about life from this very knowledgeable man.
- Smith's Cycle and More (Thames Street) - Looking to buy a bicycle for your child or family member? Todd will not only sell you a great quality product but he will also let you trade in that same bicycle once it has been outgrown.
Well, that gives you a good start anyways. Like I said, this is not a complete list of great stores (I could go on and on but I am suppose to be working on invites here and not blogging!). I dare you to look around and see what hidden gems you can find!
PS...The Kaiser Craft desk calendars have arrived! They are $16.50 and a great gift idea!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
I've used mainly Making Memories "Mistletoe" Christmas paper and embellishments, I love every bit of it! The other three papers I used were Jillibean Soup's "can tomato soup", g.c.d. "snowflake" and My Mind's Eye "under the tree", they all work so great together!
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
There are still spots available in our upcoming classes. Please see the post below for details and give me a call at the store if you are interested (519.351.5220). Don't miss out! Each class is filled with LOTS of technique.
Cards by Linda - Thursday, November 26
Cards by Pauline - Tuesday, December 1
Cards by Debbie - Thursday, December 3
2 Page Scrapbooking by Kim - Monday, December 14
PS...STILL NO BABY!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Our Truly Lovely Open House
As usual, advanced payment is required to reserve a spot in our classes. You can stop in to pay or call with a credit card number. This MUST be done within 48 hours of reserving your spot or it will be released to the first person on the waiting list. If you cannot make the class after paying, it is your responsibility to find a replacement. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL OR COMMENT ON THE BLOG TO RESERVE A SPOT.
Cards by Debbie....
Debbie's cards are going to make you ask, "How'd she do that?" Once again these cards are filled with tons of techniques from embossing, using decorative punches, working with specialty papers and pens, glitter and more. Have a look. These cards speak for themselves.
Dates: Tuesday, November 24th OR Thursday, December 3rd
If you haven't designed your cards for this year, you may want to grab one of these ideas! Pauline has created two elegant cards for Christmas. You will work with ribbon, Spellbinders dies, decorative punches, pencils, glitter glossy accents and more.
These are two whimsical and cheery Christmas cards sure to make anyone smile. Learn shading techniques using pencils and gamsol, use liquid pearls, ribbon, decorative papers, punches, etc. Great class for a beginner or anyone looking to make adorable cards!
Dates: Thursday, November 26th OR Wednesday, December 2nd
Required Supplies: scissors, adhesive
Suggested Supplies: coloured pencils
FINALLY, a two 12x12 page layout class that is sure to appeal to both scrapbookers AND stampers. There will be a lot of ink and stamps used in this class but don't be afraid, I will help you every step of the way! The coolest thing that we will be using are Heidi Swapps' masks to create our background...there is no chipboard or stickers here! We will also work with decorative papers, stardust pens, jewels, glitter, embossing, various embellishments and more!
Suggested Supplies: paper trimmer
Friday, November 6, 2009
- Well the ribbon jars are filled to the brim.
- NEW Unity Stamps are in the house! Scrapbookers...you are going to l0vE these!
- Our ink order has arrived (Yes....even the Versamark Dazzles and Black Staz On!)
- Our Stampingbella Christmas stamps are here. (Did we mention Linda will be doing demos using Stampingbella stamps, copics and pencils between 1 and 3pm?)
- The store is filled with tons of great cardstock and paper.
- What else have I forgotten? Stop in and see!
Hope to see you all on Sunday!!