Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Crafty PROJECT Idea

As promised, I thought I would pass along one of my latest projects.  It is KaiserCrafts' 9 Frame Photo Display.  It features photos of my son taken by Fairytales Photography last November.  I loved this photo shoot so much that I had to do just ONE more project using these pics!

The more I work with KaiserCraft products, the more I fall in love.  ♥Ah!♥ They have everything from little mini albums to desk calendars to beautiful raw frames.  We have completed many of their projects and you can view them in store.  All Kaiser Craft project items are made of MDF board and the prices are right (ranging from $5.99 and up...this 13"x13" item is $18.99). 

Rather than painting the board with acrylic paint, I thought 'what about inking it with some Distress Inks'?  I am SO glad I tried because it almost looks like I was working with a real wood frame.  I used Distress Inks in Scattered Straw and Aged Mahogany.  They were applied directly but using a sponge dauber would give you a little more control.  I then took one of Pink Paislee's clear stamps that had this gorgeous sheet music design and I was like "Whoa baby!".  Texturized!  LOVE! 

I kept with the brown and burgandy theme when choosing my papers and added a few goodies like Tim Holtz' film strips, his gear dies (cut from paper and cork), a little gala glitz , Pink Paislee tags (dyed with the distress inks) and a couple of stamps.  I glued the two pieces together with a hot glue gun then took twill to edge the entire frame (which was then distressed as well). 

I have to admit that I started this at 10PM the night before our Open House and completed it around midnight!  A quick and easy project for a loved one.  Aren't you glad I'm helping you with your Christmas list this year?!?!

No comments: