Thursday, September 20, 2012

Time to Scrap during a MOVING Sale?

So September.  Back to school.  I am really enjoying the back to school routine that I am falling into.  The only thing I am not too sure about has been the homework.  I mean the number of forms....the reading assignments, and just remember, my daughter is in Grade 1!  Yes, I know.  It is just beginning....



The one assignment I was QUITE excited about was the "design a scrapbook page" given by the incredible  teachers at Montessori the Place to Grow.  Our children have each been attending the school since the age of 16 months and we absolutely love the place!

Scrapbooking CAN be easy!
I honestly whipped the page up from start to finish (including clean up) in two hours.  What made the page so easy, was working with a fun, decorative My Mind's Eye 12x12 page.  Many of the elements of the page were pre-printed right on the 12x12 paper (ie. the white border, the butterflies along the side, etc.)  This makes designing SO easy.  Also, the assignment was quite open and so I was able to design using MY very comfortable, distressed style of scrapping.  I wanted the page to reflect what a 3-year old boy is all about....having fun, being playful, always full of energy and not afraid to get dirty!  That's my kid!



It's all in the Details!
Next, all I had to do was add a few extra pieces of paper, some embellishments (to give dimension) and voila!

A couple of embellishments to take note of:

Check out the mica I used to stamp the sentiment on.  It is a product of nature and is fairly clear with a hint of sepia tones.  It is great for layering over aspects of your project and adding to the project rather than hiding it. You can stamp on it (like I did) but you have to use StazOn ink in order for it to set.

Secondly, check out those adorable little MME sewn flags....I have to say, I AM IN LOVE!  They are so fun and easy on a project.....the biggest and best thing....NO sewing required. I know I have told many of you that I should have listened to my mother in high school and took sewing instead of cooking!  Sewing a button is challenging for me.  Truly, I am in awe of any of you out there that can sew!

As a side....Did you know I still have mica & the MME sewn flags are in the store and are 25% OFF!  Oh.  And those fun sticker letters that I used to spell the boy's name are 50% off!  A sale you ask....What sale?  Well, I am moving in case you haven't heard!  Like in 9 days!!!!  What?!?  (Better read my post from September 3rd if you are just tuning in now!)

See, even a crazy busy, entrepreneurial mom who is moving her store in 9 days (yikes!) has time to scrap!  YOU can find time too!  Quit surfing Pinterest and get creating all those beautiful projects that you are only just swooning over at this point.  Just sayin'......Kim

2 comments:

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Just an idea for the schools....teachers get the parents email addresses and create a group so then every time there is a form to be completed it can be emailed instead of sent home with the kids. Would same the school boards money!

K1 said...

Great idea, Brenda. I could not get over the number of forms to complete and the amount of paper for each kid!