Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Tag Love

My tag for the tag swap
I know I say this all the time but seriously, I am in love!  Nothing brings me more joy than creating and designing with paper.  The other night I took the time to slow down (which you know is hard for me!) and enjoy the season and the hobby.  It was exactly what I needed.  I am now re-energized and ready to take on the world!

Tag Swap (What a Joy!)
As you know we had a fun little event at the store where 12 people created 12 tags to be swapped with the other participants.  What I thought was THE coolest part of the event was seeing all the different creations.  Decisions on theme (ie. snowflakes, religious, snowman, santa, etc.), colour (traditional or not) and size where all factors in the final design.  I will not show you all the tags just yet as the majority of the tags have not yet been picked up (I hate to ruin the surprise!).  I do plan on sharing these designs so you can see how wonderful ALL the tags were!  I am SO proud of all my girls!

My Tag
You can see my finished product at the top of this post.  I was thrilled with how it turned out!  

MFT - Stitched Stocking Clear Set
May I add that this polymer from MFT stamps amazingly clear!

I must admit that I used scrap pieces of paper from my Craft-Tea Time project (seriously, it is a crime to through out these lovelies).  I must also admit that the final result was not exactly as I had orginally planned (this was a given).  The original plan was to include a popped out stocking from this amazing MFT Set of stamps with a sentiment...maybe.  I started "playing" and I just wasn't feeling it.  It seemed a little too "cute-sy" for me.  
I used the spool in the middle.  We also have the chubbier minis in stock!

I also KNEW I had to incorporate the unbelievable amazing wooden mini spools from Maya Road.  I have been eyeing these babies since they came in but did not know where or when I would put them to use.  They paired beautifully with the Stitched Sentiments stamp set.

Here is my tag without all the extra goodies!

So next thing you know, I stamped the sentiment and it JUST fit!  It was like it was meant to be.  I then chose the word "Joy" as it has been my theme word of 2013.  I like how they have given you other words like "peace" or "love" and have included them as separate stamps in the set.

The cheese cloth was a happy accident.  I ran out of my original choice (yarn) so I scrambled to find an alternative.  I absolutely LOVE how the cheese cloth added to the rustic feel of the tag. The rich coloured seam binding and natural twine (available at The Pickle) finished the look in my mind.

So what do you think?  These make me so happy.  And yes, the first thing I did this morning when I woke up was admire them!  Ha.  Nerd.

Christmas Hours
So I better tell you guys what I am planning for the next couple of weeks.  And better yet, please share with your loved ones just in case they were planning on getting you a fabulous gift like a gift card from The Paper Pickle!  Just print this schedule out and leave it in a NOT so subtle location!  

Here are our hours.  If you need anything on the days I am not open (excluding Christmas and Boxing Day oh and maybe New Year's Day) please email me and I will see if I can accommodate you!

This week business as usual at The Paper Pickle!

Next week....
Monday, December 23 - 10-1
Tuesday, December 24 - 10-1
Wednesday, December 25 - CLOSED
Thursday, December 26 - CLOSED
Friday, December 27 - 10-5
Saturday December 28 - 9:30-3
Sunday, December 29 - Wednesday, January 1 - CLOSED
With regular store hours resuming ....Thursday, January 2 - 10-5
Friday, January 3 - 10-5
Saturday, January 4 - 9:30-3

See you soon!

Kim

Store Hours for the rest of this week:
Thursday 10-8 (late night shopping - last of the year.  This will not return until market nights)
Friday 10-5
Saturday 9:30-3


1 comment:

Debbie said...

Wow Kim - this is just beautiful. Too beautiful to give away on a gift. Thanks for hosting the tag swap.