Thursday, January 23, 2014

We have a WINNER!

Oh wow!  Thank you to everyone for all the great product suggestions and kind words while I was in California!  The amount of new product released at CHA was unreal and even overwhelming (but definitely overwhelming in a good way!) so I definitely appreciated the words of advice.

Trend #1 - Stencils & Sprays
Many products can be used with stencils including sprays, chalk and ink!
I noticed that you are all loving the stencils from the various companies!  Stencils and various sprays were definitely hot at the show!  We currently have stencils in from Tim Holtz and Crafter's Workshop in the store right now but more will be on their way!  I really liked the stencils from Heidi Swapp.  And like Jackie P. and Nicole,  I too fell in love with Tim's new stencils including the crocodile pattern as well as the chevron wood grain and latticework designs!  These have all been ordered and we will see them once released from the company!  Stencils and sprays are great to use on art journals, mixed media canvas projects, scrapbook layouts and cards!

Trend #2 - Stamps
I am thrilled that you like the same stamps that I do!  Debbie said that she could see using the humorous stamps from Art Impressions on cards for her friends and CraftyViolet said she liked the cute little owl stamps too!  Owls were very hot at this show!

I am not sure if I mentioned this already, but it was when I saw the stamp company's booths, it was like I was in heaven.  The samples were inspiring and even seeing the wood mount stamps themselves made me smile!  A HUGE order for Penny Black stamps has been made!  I have also ordered from Some Odd Girl Stamps.  If you are not familiar with this company, have a look at this adorable little penguin card.  If you like colouring, these stamps are for you.

Trend #3 - Dies
You will be seeing dies from this adorable company at The Pickle!
It was incredible to see the number of companies now offering dies!  This is definitely one product that is not going away anytime soon.  Use dies on your page layouts, mixed media (as masks ,etc) and of course cards!  Penny Black has some detailed dies that I know you will love.  They too are on their way!

Did you know we just received a shipment of the new Memory Box dies last week?  An additional order is on it's way!  They are THIS hot!  Pauline, you will be happy to know many more of the new releases will be here next week!

And the Winner is....
So I made note of each and every comment.  Thank you again!  Each comment was assigned a number and after using a random number app on my phone, the winner was comment number 29 from Debbie B stating that she would love to see more of the Heidi Swapp Colour Shine in the store!!  I played with that product at the Heidi Swapp make and take table and I really loved the product.  The shimmer was incredible.  Thank you for the suggestion!  Debbie has won a $100 gift basket which is ready to be picked up anytime during store hours!  Congratulations!

There were also two runner up winners!  Nicole L. and Jackie P., you can pick up your 6x6 paper pads anytime during store hours!  Thank you to everyone for playing along!

Wedding Show
The Paper Pickle will be at the Chatham Kent Wedding Show this Saturday at the Bradley Convention Centre in Chatham.  Stop in and see our unique and beautiful invitation and stationery designs anytime between 11am-6pm!!  I am very passionate about paper and I LOVE creating custom invitations for my couples!!

Kim

Store Hours
Wed - Fri 10am-5pm
Sat. 9:30am-3pm



2 comments:

Jackie Plank said...

Oi Oi Oi, so happy you are getting in those stencils..
Congrats to Debbie!!!

Debbie said...

Thank you! Looking forward to seeing all the new product you have ordered.