Wednesday, May 7, 2014

It's ALL about the DETAILS!


By no means am I an expert in gift wrapping and gift giving, but I do know that it is the little touches that make the recipient REALLY feel the love.  And isn't that the whole point of gift giving?  You want to make sure the person you are giving the gift to knows you care.
I have blogged about gift wrapping before and with Mother's Day coming up this weekend, this topic is again quite relevant.

This was a gift I pulled together for a good friend's birthday.  I absolutely LOVE giving themed gifts that are all matchy-matchy.  Themed gifts are perfect for those hard-to-buy-for people and even those easy-to-buy-for people.  Included in my gift was a cozy throw blanket, citronella patio candle, cocktail mix and cocktail napkins.
To me, the most important and KEY part of the gift was the simple little tag.  This was actually two cards from the We R Memory Keeper Instagram album themed packs.  The packs are inexpensive but they have some of THE cutest little pre-designed cards ready to pop into the adorable 4x4 albums or use on their own like I did here!

You can also achieve the same look by using the great 12x12 sheets of paper from companies like Webster's Pages which we have in the store by the way!  *wink*


These sheets of designer papers (which are a fabulous weight by the way!) have cards that can be cut out and used on a layout, on a card or on a gift!  Round out the corners and your set!  It can't get much easier than that!

On these cards, you can have fun writing about why you chose the items you did.  I wanted my friend to kick back and relax on a summer's night and know that she deserves a quiet moment to herself....and that's for sure with two busy boys!  These cards can be dressed up with glitter, ribbon, and more.

Why this Blog Post?
The reason I thought it was so important to blog about this was because I think we all put too much pressure on ourselves to create these masterpiece cards and projects like EVERY TIME!  I know more times that not, that I just do not have the time to do that.  And rather than NOT doing anything, I would rather do SOMETHING.  You know, if there was no time to pull out the stamps and the ink and the die and the....I would grab a cute little card like this and write my heart out.  It is the thought that goes into gift and the little touches that I think matter.  We have TONS of products just like this to make you look like a superstar!

Have fun!  Create!  Think outside the box!  Get off the computer and work with those beautiful hands!  Enjoy every minute of it!

Kim

No comments: