Friday, November 21, 2014

Christmas Tag Exchange - The Details

So last year was the first year for our Christmas Tag Exchange at The Paper Pickle.  People were telling me that they wanted a fun way to share their love of the hobby and so the tag exchange was born!  I absolutely loved this idea because you were able to show your fellow crafters what you've got!  It was a perfect time to shine and I mean who doesn't need an extra tag or inspiration at this time of the year?!?

I, along with the other participants will agree that our first exchange was a HUGE success!  All of the tags were original, creative, detailed, beautiful, etc., etc.  Here is a little look at the amazing creations:

Lou rocked with tag with tons of Tim Technique!
I loved all the extra little goodies including
the tinsel, bell and angel charm made by hand!
Kathy's tag was so bright and cheery.  The "snow" added to
the roof top and fence were a great touch!
Look at the bow on the door!  Awesome.
Donna is the queen of dies and cut outs.
I thought the scalloped elements of the snowman were adorable.
Look at the details on the hat!
Becky's tag with it's shimmery elements were tough to capture
by my camera but trust me when I say her pairing of
silver embossing  powder and pearl brown ink were spot on!
Gorgeous.
Jolene designed the perfect tag for a rustic inspired gift.
I love the use of real burlap and red stitching!
The silver snowflake brad was the perfect dimensional element.
Jody's tag is simple yet undeniably elegant.
Kraft+White+Red = the perfect pairing of colours.
The subtle glitter to the birch tree and ground took
this tag to the next level.

I had to show you a couple of different shots of Debbie's tag
so you could see the incredible shine and shimmer.
She achieved this look by creating her own background
using shimmer sprays.  The mirror paper added a regal elegance.

Here is another tag that I had to get a close up of
to show you the amazing depth.  Barb used dies, glitter,
heat embossing and more to create a truly timeless design.

Ok.  Pat's design wins the award for most dimension.
She even had to ship these tags to me in a box!  Ha.
The first word that comes to mind when I look at this is - WOW!

There is so much shine to Debbie's tag,
that my camera couldn't handle it! The metallic paper, pearl paints
and glitter will have any girl smiling!
This was my design.  I gushed about it enough last year.
What do I love about my own?
Well that little dimensional thread spool of course!

Here is a close up of Heather's tag.
The shape and use of pow paper makes it stand out on any gift.
Simple.  Elegant.  Another crafting mission accomplished!
So what do you think?
You want to join this year's exchange?  No pressure but I know you will have fun!  I know you can do it!

Here are the Details!
  • You will make 12 tags of the same design to trade with the other participants
  • You can use any product you like and the design can be as simple or elaborate as you like
  • Please call the store or email me to register. You must register by NOVEMBER 29
  • Your 12 tags are to be dropped off no later than 3PM on Saturday, DECEMBER 6
  • You can pick up your tags during store hours any day between DECEMBER 10-13
  • There is no cost to register or participate other than the cost of your product that you use

I'm so excited to see this year's tags!  

Kim

Store Hours
Wed-Fri - 10am-5:30pm
Sat - 10-3pm

No comments: