Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Magenta LOVE, Zonta FUN, a CLASS and OUR Open House

Nathalie and me!
Good morning strangers!  Have you been wondering where I have been at over the last week?  It has been a very busy couple of weeks!  I would like to show you a few pictures of the fun things we have done!

Special Guest Teacher - Nathalie Metivier from Magenta
We had the pleasure of having Nathalie from Magenta teaching for us once again.  Here are some photos from her afternoon class.

Three beautiful cards in process

Hard at work

Nathalie....always with a smile on her face!

A great group of students having fun 

Nathalie's "hero" Philippe - Taking care of the trunk show!

Another look at the students hard at work
It was so cute...when Nathalie was leaving, she gave me a hug and said "I miss you already".  What a doll.  I miss you too, Nathalie!

 Zonta-Christmas Card Making Extravaganza
On November 1st, the Zonta group put on their Christmas Card Making day.  This year's event sold out before the early bird deadline (a first!).  There is a reason this event is so popular:  well organized, lots of great techniques and projects, good food, great fun and an excellent cause!

When I was designing my card, I knew I wanted to work with gold.  Gold is so hot right now.  You see it everywhere from fashion to home decor.  I also knew that I wanted to work with that beautiful printed linen ribbon.  The rest came together with some gorgeous designer paper from Authentique, Memory Box's wreath die, washi tape and only the most beautiful shimmer card stock.  Oh and don't forget my signature twine.  I swear I put that *&$# on everything!  (remember that lady from the Frank's Red Hot sauce?)  Ha.  What do you think?  Elegant.  Easy.  Very noticeable on a Christmas card wreath.....mission accomplished!

A star stamp from Hero Arts and a sentiment from Inky Antics
completed my card and made me so happy.

Halloween Fun


The kids and I did a little crafting fun for Halloween.  For those of you on Facebook, you would have seen my post on October 30th.  For those of you not on facebook, shame on you (jk)!  It is so easy to create an account and follow your favourite people or stores.  Look for The Paper Pickle Company on facebook and like our page.  

Check out how easy projects can come together....two stamps, a paper bag and a plastic spider.  They kids loved the craft!


Just HAD to share a little photo of my cuties....The daughter of the Mad Hatter and a bat, who refused to let me paint his face....maybe next year!  

Classes - Cards by Pauline




As requested, we are pulling together some more Christmas classes!  Here is a great card class by Pauline.  You will be making the three cards above.  I absolutely love these cards....there is a little something for everyone - from elegant to whimsical.  

Techniques include working with various dies, stamps, embossing folders, ribbons, decorative paper, glitter ritz, heat embossing and more!  Three beautiful and effective cards!  

Dates:  Wednesday November 12 OR Wednesday November 19
Time:  6pm-8pm
Cost:  $22+hst
Required Supplies:  adhesive, scissors

As always, our classes are open to all levels of crafters!  Call to save your spot (519-351-5220) or stop in!  Please no emails or facebook messages.  Thanks!

Christmas Open House


Mark your calendars for November 15!  Homebaked Kitchen and The Paper Pickle are pulling together an open house that is not to be missed!  It will be a great time to make your wish lists (lists can be completed and left at the store to help your loved ones buy you the things you love and don't already have!).  You will also be able to place orders for your Christmas goodie trays.  We will also be having a fun little make and take on Saturday and other fun things.  We hope you can make it!  The entire downtown will be hosting open houses that weekend.  It will be the perfect time to venture out to experience the charm of downtown Chatham.

Well, I think we are caught up now!  I promise to not be such a stranger this week!

Kim

Store Hours
Wed-Fri - 10am-5:30pm
Sat - 10am-3pm

No comments: