Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Simple Superstar Christmas Card #1


It's funny how this time of the year, the thought of adding one more "job" to your list can very well be the straw that breaks the camels back!  Honestly, last night I had a little melt down because I felt like I had not had one minute to myself.  The day consisted of working for hubby, cutting the lawn leaves with the rider, climbing the roof to get the leaves out the eaves troughs, hanging the outdoor Christmas lights, making a roast chicken dinner complete with mashed potatoes and gravy, cleaning up after dinner, building lego with my son, putting the kids to bed, finally putting away my mounds of clean clothes and then.....CRASH!  Seriously.  I just had to have a little pity party just so I had a minute for ME.  Truly.  Why is there so much to do?  And I know I am not the only one!  Everyone I talk to is the same especially this time of the year.

I'm here to save you from a major meltdown.  I had the melt down.  I took one for the team so you can stay sane while making your Christmas cards this year.  Truly.  Do not put too much pressure on yourself and let your Christmas cards be the "straw" that did you know what!  Follow my lead and look like a superstar while maintaining your composure.  Here's how....

Step 1:  Choose great papers like shimmer card stocks (what do you know?.....they can be found at The Pickle!).  They are elegant and get noticed on the card wreaths next to those white, glossy boxed cards.

Step 2:  Choose great dies.....Cut snowflake heart die out of that great red shimmer card stock.

Step 3:  Cut merry word die out of gray card stock and add a little glitter.  Glue to the red shimmer card stock.

Step 4:  Create an elegant look by keeping matting square and adding lots of layers.  And you're done!  Oh, I guess I did crank the die through an extra time using white card stock to add a couple of extra white snowflakes to the bottom of the card.  But that's it really!

Easy.  Stress free.  You're composure is most definitely in check while your superstar cape flies proudly in the cool winter breeze....♥.  PS....Thanks for letting me vent!  Ha.

Kim

Store Hours
Wed-Fri - 10am-5:30pm
Sat - 10am-3pm

No comments: