Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Prima - Watercolor Pencil Love


I mentioned last week that we have been receiving CHA goodness weekly!  When I heard Prima was releasing watercolour pencils, they caught my attention.  With Prima you know the quality will be top notch.  They are also known for their beautiful packaging (and like any girl, I am drawn to pretty packages!).  I must say, this new offering did not disappoint!  They are beautiful from the metal case to the simple purple foil logo on the pencils themselves (why does that make me happy?)

We have not carried watercolour pencils in the store for some time and given how hot the watercolour designs are these days, it was time for something new.  I am excited to work with them!

There are 6 sets priced at $16.95.  They come beautiful metal tin with 12 pencils in various themes including:


  • Scenic Route
  • Soft Neutrals
  • The Basics
  • Spring & Fall
  • Earth Tones
  • Julie Nutting Hair & Skin Tones
Check out Prima's blog for some of the amazing designs using their pencils.  Their artwork is incredible.



Have a look at this video (there are TONS of others on YouTube if you are interested!). Please note I did not bring in their water pen as we carry the Koi fine art water pens which are amazing (and essentially the same product).  We have carried Tim Holtz' water pens in the past and I know many of you have these already.  And hey, if you prefer an old fashion brush with a water cup....go for it!  This works just the same...you just have to do a little more dipping.

Classes
Just wanted to give you a heads up that classes are in the works and will be posted no later than Saturday!

Hope you are having a good week!

Kim

Store Hours
Wed - Fri - 10am-5pm
Sat - 10am-3pm

No comments: