Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Retrofest LOVE

It's all happening!  Retrofest.  Downtown Chatham.  THIS weekend!

For those of you who have been following my blog for a while, know that this is THE weekend that I live for. Seriously, I am so proud of my community and the excitement that this Festival brings to the streets of my downtown.

This was the sweet ride parked in front of the store last year!
For those of you who have never been to Chatham, this is THE weekend to visit.  The streets are hopping with thousands of people.  The downtown streets are lined with antique cars.  There are special events and entertainment.  Here is a link to more information (CLICK HERE).

Now how cool is this shot?  Can't get more retro than 'Big Boy'.
As you can see, Retrofest brings out the best in me.

This year marks the 15th year so you know this is to be one for the books.    The festival kicks off Friday night with a cruise.  It is so awesome to see the kids (old and young) smiling as the cars slide by.  On Saturday, many of these same cars line the streets and you are able to chat with the owners and get a closer look at your favourites.

Paper Pickle FUN - Tax FREE Shopping
Of course we've got to have a little fun this weekend too!  Shop TAX FREE all weekend!  Actually, just tell the girls you saw my blog and shop tax free ALL WEEK! My loyal followers should get some perks once in a while!

Paper Pickle FUN - Make & Takes
I thought you guys may want to try these amazing watercolor pencils that I have been obsessed with.  So let's get a little make and take going Saturday!  Even if you are not the best at shading/colouring/painting, these pencils along with the water brush make you look like a rockstar!  SATURDAY only.

Pickle Sampling - Saturday

Last year, I had the cutest little sampler girl and she has agreed to make an appearance!  Sample the best retro pickles around - The Pickle Station brand.  All jars $5.00.....Saturday ONLY!

Homebaked Kitchen - Special Offering
Ok.  Yum.  For Retrofest only, try a cherry coke cupcake from Homebaked Kitchen!  Available Friday and Saturday ONLY.

So what do you think?  Are you sold on this event yet?  Truly, bring the family or a friend downtown Chatham this weekend.  I know you will have a blast!

Kim

Store Hours
Wed - Fri - 10am-5pm
Sat - 10am-4pm (open late this week for Retrofest)

No comments: