Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Kill them with Kindness - Gift Idea #1


This is the time of the year when I am scrambling to keep my sh*t  stuff together.  School is still in.  The kids fall/winter/spring activities are still happening.  The kids spring/summer activities have begun.  Hubby's office is hopping.  "Gardening" needs me.  "Crafting" needs me too.  There are BBQs and reunions popping up like no one's business.

This is also the time of the year that I need teacher gifts, hostess gifts, birthday presents....STAT!  I'm sure you, too, are "running the race" as I like to say.  Let's get through this....together!

Today, I am here to:
  1. Calm you down (If I can do it, YOU can do it!)
  2. Show you how to be a rockstar...at life/crafting etc.
  3. Show you how to win brownie points with friends, teachers and the like



What do you think of this little project?  It literally took me 10 minutes to prepare.

  • Memorable gift?  Check!  
  • Nice gift?  Check!  
  • Useful gift?  Check!



This is a great craft for all those people you need gifts for in the very busy month of June.  The best part, I think, is that with 5 products MAX, a very nice, memorable and thoughtful gift can come together.  Honestly, every time your friend/teacher/acquaintance looks at this gift, they will be reminded of how caring and thoughtful YOU are.  Give yourself a pat on the back, you rockstar you!

Products Required:

We R Memory Keepers Wooden Frames are available in two colours.  The teal may be a little feminine (but seriously one of my favourite colours these days!) but the gray is nice and neutral and can work with any photo, and in any room!  The opening holds a 4x6 photo and the frame measures approximately 8.5x11.

Heidi Swapp has some beautiful wood veneer words including:  Beautiful, family, celebrate, remember, journey, you are here, best day ever.  They are nice and bold and work well on this size frame.  They are also perfect on a 12x12 layout.

Have I told you how much I love Prima lately?  I used a grouping of three paper blooms from the Bedtime Story collection.  Aren't they the prettiest things you have ever seen?  You could also make these blossoms yourself but for me, it is all about time.  Kim-1.  Time-0.

So what cha' think?  Want to try one?  I dare you to be a rockstar.


I will leave you with a funny little story.  On Saturday I had the brainstorm that I was going to work on this frame over the weekend.  There was this white little thing (seen above) that was included with the frame.  At first I thought it was a piece of chalk (hey, we all know how hot chalk is these days so it could have been possible),  But it was wooden.  My mind next thought it was some kind of distressing tool that the company so nicely included.  I mean the frame does have a distressed look and maybe they gave you a tool to distress a little more (quite possible for a girl who "destroys" everything I touch).  My friend Liz was in the store and she can tell you how I was working my tool all along the sides to give a nice "white" distress to add to the "brown" distress already on the frame.  Well it wasn't until tonight while about to begin my blog photo shoot that I realized it was the POST to hold up your frame on a table top!  There are also multiple hooks to hang the frame but this was the little post!  Wow.  I guess you guys now know how this brain of mine works!  I look like an idiot so you don't have to!

FYI...construction is still going on on our road.  Feel free to park in the lot across from the store (old Chatham Daily News lot) and DO NOT PAY.  If you get a ticket, let me know I will personally take it up with the city.

Kim

Store Hours
Wed-Fri - 10am-5pm
Sat - 10am-3pm

No comments: