Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Basic Grey Calendar Kits & Early Closing Saturday

First of all, thank you for all the kind words that were prompted by my last post.  We seriously have THE cutest and nicest customers.  I don't know what brought on my sentimental post but it felt good writing it and it felt even better hearing from you.  A good lovefest and group hug is good for the soul. ♥

Now let's get down to business.  The 2016 Basic Grey Calendars are in!  You guys know how much I look forward to this project every year.  Remember that post where I was taking secret photos of it in the mall and the bank?  Ha.  Yes, I did that.  This is HOW much I love this project.

This little video shows the project in a little more detail.  The pages are pre-printed and you then get to dress the pages with various stickers, chipboard and of course your photos.  I haven't started mine yet.  This was all because I promised my children I would help clean their room (which was about 3 months over due btw) and prepare for our yard sale.  Oh my.  My advice is NEVER clean your kids room while they are present. There was a point where nothing was going in the yard sale pile as it magically turned into their "favourite toy EVER!".  Really.  There was actually a point where I HAD to reward them with some play time outside just so I could get things moving a little faster.  Ha.  I even debated sweeping everything in a pile and closing my eyes while I literally shoveled "the stuff" into a garbage bag all the while crossing my fingers in hopes I didn't need "that" someday.  I am proud to say I didn't quite get there....at least not THIS time!

Anyways, these calendar kits are perfect for gifts and make sure to prep one for yourself.  Mine hangs proudly in our hallway near the laundry room.  I see it everyday and it makes me smile.  I have used random favourite photos from various years.  There is no pressure when I pull this kit together.  Basic Grey has done their job beautifully and I am thrilled to follow their instructions.

Saturday, September 26 - Closing Early
Just wanted to warn you that the store will be closing early Saturday due to a scheduled hydro outage.  If you need anything Saturday, please stop in between 9-12 (opening one hour earlier to accommodate you!).  We apologize for any inconvenience but this was out of our control.

Classes
FYI, there is still room in Debbie's card class on Wednesday, September 30 from 6-8pm.  Call the store or stop in to register!
 

Homebaked Kitchen News
Rumour has it that pumpkin and apple sweetie pies are BACK.  Just another reason why I love my sister.....well I love all three sisters but I may love Jen just a pinch more when I'm eating her pumpkin sweetie pies.  Ha.  Love you girls too, Kell and Krys!  ♥♥

Enjoy the day ♥
Kim

Store Hours
Wed-Fri - 10am-5pm
Sat - 9-12 (due to power outage)


No comments: