Thursday, November 12, 2015

ZONTA Love

My 2015 Zonta Christmas Card

Remember that fabulous event I told you about a little while ago?  The Zonta Christmas Card Making Extravaganza?  Well Event #1 happened last Saturday, November 7th and guess what?  It was fabulous (no surprise there!).  Many of the usual suspects were there and it was so nice chatting and catching up with the ladies.  Thank you for a wonderful day.

When it comes to creating my card for this event, I put a lot of pressure on myself.  I want to make sure there is enough technique and people will be wowed by my design.  The designs are always my own so a lot of "playing" happens before I get to my finished product.  The challenging part is making sure the card takes no more than 30 minutes as this event rotates people from station to station with 8 projects in total.

I was very happy with the way the card turned out.  I heard many positive comments and the one that stood out for me was "It is VERY Paper Pickle".  Now I will take that as a compliment!  In true Paper Pickle fashion, I created a card that was both elegant AND rustic.  I don't know what it is about this combination, but I feel it is a MUST at Christmastime!

Deer Trio - $15.50
Word Edger - $14.99


The design really began with these two Impression Obsession dies.  I knew I wanted to work with these and then I set out incorporating them into my card.  I must tell you that both dies are IDEAL for an A2 size card (4.25x5.5") and I adore both.  I have also tried the Deer Trio die on a place card and it too is fabulous.  

How To
I cut my shimmer brown card stock to 10" in length (4.25" wide) and scored at to 5.5" (top crease).  That left 4.5" on the front of the card.  This allowed an extra 1" for the cream shimmer word edgers to "hang".  I loved how the cream shimmer popped of the dark background.  

I then worked with various stencils, stamps and ink to create a design on my canvas textured card stock.  This technique is one of my favourites.  I used it a couple of spring sessions ago and HAD to bring it back for the Christmas crowd just in case they hadn't seen it before.

The design was tied together with my signature move....twine and my new favourite embellishment....cheese cloth! Oh and a little star and rhinestone in the top corner completed the creation.  What do you think?  I've got this card at the store if you want to have a look for yourself.

Event #2 - Saturday, November 28
Want to learn how to make this card and 7 others?  Sign up for the event!  You can register by clicking here or visit Rubies on Grand Ave E in Chatham.  All of the projects were wonderful and I know you would have a lot of fun!  Register by Nov. 20 (date extended) and receive Early Bird pricing of $45 which includes all projects and a nice lunch from Maple City Bakery.  There is also shopping at the various booth.  Honestly, make some time for yourself!  You will be all inspired and this creativeness will carry you through the holiday season!

Memory Box and Impression Obsession
A couple of orders arrived today.  I am happy tell you that the IO Deer Trio is in stock but unfortunately we are waiting on the holiday word edgers shown above.  Just let us know if you are interested in this one and we will set it aside for you when it arrives.

FYI....lots of great Christmas dies are back in stock.  Come on in and have a little look.

Christmas Open House - Dec. 5th
Mark your calendars form Saturday December 5th .  Join us 10am-5pm for The Paper Pickle and Homebaked Kitchen's Christmas Open House.  There will be make and takes, samples etc.  More details to follow.

Kim

Store Hours
Wed-Fri - 10am-5pm
Sat - 10am-3pm



No comments: